Operational use of Electronic Chart Display and Information System
Description of course
“Operational use of Electronic Chart Display and Information System” training plan and program is established taking into consideration the requirements of International convention on standards of training, certification, and watchkeeping for seafarers(STCW), 1978, as amended, as well as Sections A-II/1and A-II/2 of STCW Code and based on International Maritime Organization`s (IMO) Model Course 1.27.
- Theoretical training.
- Knowledge on Electronic Charts.
- Training on simulation.
- Preparation, activation of display and installation of the necessary information, use of electronic charts, voyage planning.
- Control on ship route, deal with navigation matters.
- Measures after activation of ship alert system, manual handling of ship route.
- Corrections on Electronic Charts.
- Operational use of ECDİS and AIS which combined to Radar.
At the end of the training, a test is carried out to assess participants` knowledge.
All questions are covering the training course.
64% correct of answers is acceptable, reverse is considered as unacceptable. If the result is unacceptable, the participant can attend the next exam. If attendance next exam is missed for three months, the result is considered unacceptable.
- 3x4 cm photo (1 item);
- Seafarer Medical Certificate;
- Copy of Diploma;
- Certificate of Competence (if available);
- Copy of national ID;